New Blog


Hi folks! Welcome to a fresh new start.

I need a slice of pizza from new york city. Peking duck would be acceptable also. The overwhelming goodness...agh!

Jesus says that if we take on his yoke it'll be easy. True, but there are so many distractions along the way! I inadvertently choke myself as the following ox with Jesus as the lead ox. It's like putting a kid in a toy and candy laden field and telling him/her to run across it all for the end goal, his/her mommy. Preposterous! It's really hard to keep asking myself, "Is succeeding in this area without Jesus really success?" And if I answer truthfully, it's a difficult struggle to live by. That pretty number on my report card is pretty good-looking but it would mean I would starve relationships and maybe act too focused on something that doesn't mean life or death. How can I find balance? To see Jesus as my end goal but to see him glorified through my studies, my relationships and what I eat, drink, read. Money isn't everything but it's still important too. Being a Christian in the modern day is a thinker. I can't quite do what John the Baptist did and run into the forest wearing sackcloth and eating locusts like Tarzan. Actually, I think Tarzan would find that pretty gross. So what does surrender really mean? work/life/spiritual balance? On the good side of it all, I'm still thankful that God willingly says I am worthy. Not even the CEO's I met in Cali can surpass that. Booyah.

We went to Cali for spring break. It was...AWESOME. Alas, lent. So many good tasty desserts to eat and I just watched. Closed my eyes, imagined what that delicious smelling warm cream puff would taste like. Or the creamy gelato or the candy San Francisco is famous for. Discipline to resist sin later on! phooey. I still want that cream puff. Thank goodness they have locations in Boston and New York. You can bet your butt I'm going to eat one of these on Sunday or after Easter.

I'm still longing after that great Cali weather. Sunny, warm, 70 degrees. Flip flops and shorts. Thirteen hour days followed by fun dinners and back to the hotel for more researching. The good life. In n' Out was pretty good but I didn't get to try the "legendary" milkshakes. Take note: never criticize In n' Out in front of a Californian. They'll be personally offended. Fo' serious.

Clams and shrimp at Google? Mad nice. Banana Nutella Crepes at Haights and Ashbury (hippie land)? Well, it looked pretty good and considering how fast my friends scarfed it down I'm sure it was unbelievable.