YES! I AM FREE FROM THE CHAINS OF FINALS WEEK!
Ah, it feels so liberating. I would do a touchdown dance but I'm genetically disadvantaged to dance in any way that would be vaguely admirable, I'm Asian. Plus, I need to scrub and pack my microwave.
For the entire day today I've been studying like crazy for a final and God always manages to lighten my day with funny things...
So this morning I was studying like a mad woman in the dining hall. At my school we have a special program that employs mentally handicapped people in the dining hall to do cleaning work and food prep work, they have support services and special supervisors, It's a really great program to integrate them into normal society if you know anyone who might be looking for something like this. I digress, so there is always this one woman who cleans the tables and puts the chairs back into place. She's really small and super cheery all the time. When she says hi to you it's like looking into the sun. It's so bright and cheery you're like whoa. She loves to talk to people and say hi to everyone. She loves to talk so much that sometimes she'll just say what she is thinking at the moment right after she thinks of it even when she isn't directing her thoughts to anyone in particular. I was doing some intense studying while eating breakfast and she was on her break sitting at a table alone apparently reading a magazine about puppies. This is how it goes...
me: ((hard at work studying)) finance, finance, math, math, memorize, concept, formula, bing, bang, bonnggg
her: OOOOOOOH I LOVE PUPPIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! (mind you, our dining hall is large and open and echoes alot)
everyone: ((looks up and looks at her))
her: ((nose still in the magazine)) OHHH AND YOU HAVE TO FEED THEM AND COMB THEIR FUR AND...OHHHHHHHHHH I LOVE PUPPIESS!!! ((co-worker passes by)) HEY ____!!! HAVE YOU SEEN THIS!?! PUPPPIESSSS! OH THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!!
(reads an excerpt) "Pup-piess, should be walked daaaillyy" "OOOOOH I LOVEEE WALKING!!"
everyone: ((smiling and goes back to work))
haha I don't even know why that's funny but I guess being so serious and being interrupted like that is really pleasant.
Today was really windy which made it cold even though it was nice out. I was walking over to take my final through the non-main walking route and I see this girl who is crouched down on the ground behind Devlin against a patch that's supposed to be filled with flowers but was only filled with doodie smelling fertilizer so far. I think to myself, what in the world is she doing?? Then she stands up and turns around with an unlit cigarette in her mouth and a lighter in her hand trying furiously to light the darn cigarette. And then I said, um I think God doesn't want you to smoke today and then she beat me up bad...is what would've probably happened if said something like that to her. haha But it's just great when you're at a NYC bus stop and people are trying to light their cigarettes but they can't b/c of the wind. Mm good stuff.
Oh and you know how google ads "search" the website content and put appropriate ads on the side? Both of them are about eating disorders and binge eating. Whatsupwiththat? I like food but you don't have to hate.
More to come later.
1 comments:
hahah puppiess!! :D
if i were ever disabled mentally, i might be just like her.. or actually i would wanna be just like her :]
haha God`s funny like that.
i wonder what would happen if you said something to her . what if that was your invitation from God to do something to change her life? ;] haha just kidding. okay stop making me read your writing! i have to seriously study, man! :P
i have a final in sociology of reproduction tomorrow haha so i get to write about abortion, adoption, taxes, mothering, ... lots of fun [not really] stuff.
ps - i talked to karis/teagan yesterday on the phone. nothing brightens up my day more than hearing them talk to me :]
Post a Comment